CAMO Direct Mount Spider For Cannondale
Note that this is a CAMO Spider ONLY. A CAMO Chainring is required to complete this system if you don't already have one.
The CAMO chainring system was created by the Wolf Tooth engineers for Chainline And Material Opimiztion on direct mount style chainrings. The key advantages include:
- Perfect chainline - for reduced wear and improved shifting precision
- Optimal material usage - for weight, stiffness, and wear
- Price - for less expensive replacement chainrings
- Swapping - very fast chainring change out with 5 small bolts and no nuts.
- Availablity - Wolf Tooth is the one-stop-shop for your direct mount needs...round or oval, stainless or aluminum, and no matter the crankset.
- Bling - spider colors and bolt colors add a little flash to your sweet ride!
- This is a spider for use with the Cannodale cranksets that have a removable spider
- 3 different chainline options are available. The number and letter refer to the mm offset and direction from the mounting face to the centerline of the teeth:
- M9 (minus 9mm - standard dish towards the frame)
- For use on standard (non-Ai offset) bikes
- M4 (minus 4mm - Ai offset)
- For use on Cannondale bikes with the Ai (asymmetric integration) offset rear triangle AND all Cannondale 27.5 Plus bikes
- M1 (minus 1mm - dished towards the frame)
- This is for the Fat CAAD only
- The CAMO mounting bolts for these can be purchased separately, but all the CAMO spiders come with Black bolts if you don't order them.
- The CAMO spiders come with Black bolts if you don't order them.
- The CAMO chainring options - elliptical or round and stainless or Aluminum
- The CAMO mounting bolts - 7 beautifully anodized alloy bolt colors to choose from
- Design and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - black, blue, red
- Black alloy bolts included. Colored bolts are available for purchase here.
- Chainline - varies by which spider you choose. See compatibility above.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Installation Notes
- You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
- Line up the dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation. The text on both the ring and the spider must be facing outward.
- Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
- Torque bolts only to 3 Nm -- they are aluminum and can be damaged by excessive torque.
- Weight - M9 - 32g, M4 - 28g, M2 - 28g
Free shipping on all orders over $50 USD!