Wolf Tooth is a young and rapidly growing bicycle components company. We have built our brand and reputation around creating innovative, unique products and staying connected to our customers. All of our products are designed by us in our Burnsville MN headquarters and the majority of them are made by us or local manufacturing partners. Wolf Tooth offers an informal and fun work environment as well as a competitive pay and benefits package.
Positions we are actively working to fill are posted on this page. If you are interested in applying for a position send your resume to the hiring manager listed in the posting.
Product Design Mechanical Engineer
Hiring Manger: Mike Pfeiffer
Wolf Tooth offers an informal and fun work environment as well as a competitive pay and benefits package including product discounts, paid vacation, health insurance, 401k and bonus program. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work with a talented engineering and manufacturing team to take products from the concept phase all the way to complete product ready for market.
A qualified candidate will have the many of the following attributes and skills:
- Proven skills and passion in product design and creative solutions. Ability to work independently and take projects from concept through completion with a hands-on approach.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with bicycle components and standards.
- Excellent CAD skills, experience with SolidWorks is a plus. Must be proficient in both mechanical and aesthetic design of products using advanced 3D modelling techniques.
- Project management skills and the ability to work on many different projects at once.
- Collaborative mindset.
- General knowledge of manufacturing methods including CNC machining, stamping, forging, injection molding and casting.
- General knowledge of material properties and applications including various aluminum alloys, steel, stainless steel and polymers.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Familiar with bicycle industry testing requirements and methods.
- Proficient in both Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with our engineering team to design innovative bicycle components. The ability to help define and meet product cost goals is a must.
- Support new and existing products from prototype development through volume production.
- Document new and existing products with CAD drawings, bills of material, cost estimates, etc.
- Collaborating with manufacturing on Design For Manufacturing (DFM) requirements.
- Work with internal and external suppliers to deliver cost effective solutions.
- Test various bicycle components both in a lab setting and in the real world by using them on a bike.
Educational and Other Requirements
- BSME with at least 3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Exceptional 3D modeling skills, preferably in Solidworks.
- Active participant in cycling sports, especially mountain biking.
- Domestic and international travel 4-6 weeks per year, valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to use computer extensively.
- Ability to periodically lift up to 50 lbs