The 8-Bit System is a group of multi-tools designed to work together to solve most trailside fixes to keep you rolling to the trailhead or next town. They are lightweight, strong, versatile, and small enough to fit in a jersey pocket or riding tool wrap. The three neatly nest together using magnets and clever machining for compact storage.
8-BIT PACK PLIERS MULTI-TOOL has 17 functions. On one end of the multi-tool, an 8mm hex swivel head serves as a driver for the bits that are stored inside: flat head #3.5 and phillips #2 screwdriver bits; 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, and 6mm hex; and T10 and T25 Torx-compatible bits. A spoke wrench and valve core wrench are stored on the back and a rasp is on the inside of the upper handle for clearing sealant from valve stems. On the other end of the multi-tool, pliers for master link installation/removal and tightening/loosening of valve stem nuts.
8-BIT TIRE LEVER + DISC BRAKE MULTI-TOOL A double-sided multi-tool with a tire lever on one end and disc brake support on the other. The high-strength plastic lever easily removes tires without damaging the rim. On the machined end of the multi-tool, an 8mm flare wrench can open and close the compression nut on hydraulic brakes and there is a slot for truing rotors.
8-BIT CHAINBREAKER + UTILITY KNIFE MULTI-TOOL has four functions. It has a chainbreaker on one end and a retractable utility blade on the other. The chain tool is operated by an included 3mm hex L key that doubles as a tire plug inserter. A machined slot fits the L key and converts the entire multi-tool into a tire plug inserter, with the forked end of the L key extending outward. The handles of this multi-tool slide open to provide storage for tire plug inserts, a valve core, and a spare mini utility blade. The fourth function is the 16mm chainbreaker head that can be used to tighten a loose crankarm during rides.
Each multi-tool can be paired with any other multi-tool or both. They are sold separately and in this group of three. All existing 8-Bit Pack Pliers are compatible with the new 8-Bit System multi-tools.
In this "how-to" video learn to:
- use the blade
- replace the blade
- use the chainbreaker
- use the tire plugger
- stack the tools
- Presta valve core can not exceed 25.4mm in length (Presta valve core not included)
- 8-Bit Kit One
- 8-Bit Pack Pliers
- 8-Bit Tire Lever + Rim Dent Remover
- 8-Bit Chainbreaker + Utility Knife
- 8-Bit Extras
- 8-Bit System Replacement Parts
- Pack Pliers
- EnCase System
- 8-Bit Kit Two: 171 g - 146mm x 20mm x 28mm
- 8-Bit Chainbreaker + Utility knife Multi-tool: 71 g - 146mm x 20mm x 11mm
- Tire Lever + Disc Brake Multi-tool: 29.5 g - 146mm x 20mm x 8mm
- 8-Bit Pack Pliers: 70 g - 146mm x 20mm x 9mm
- 7075-T6 aluminum handles, CrV tool steel swivel head, S2 tool steel bits
- High-strength nylon composite tire lever
- Max torque for 8 mm hex bit – 40 Nm
- Max torque for 4, 5, 6 mm hex bits & T25, T30 bits – 20 Nm
- Max torque for all other bits – 10 Nm
Made in the USA