This is a spider for use with Shimano mountain bike cranksets that have a removable spider.
The CAMO chainring system was created by our engineers for Chainline And Material Optimization on direct mount style chainrings. The key advantages include:
Perfect chainline for wear and shifting precision
Optimal material usage for weight, stiffness, and wear
Spend less for chainring swapping by buying only the chainring, compared to chainrings that have an integrated spider
Swapping chainrings is very fast with only five small bolts and no nuts
Availability, as Wolf Tooth has many direct mount options: round or oval, stainless or aluminum, for several cranksets.
Color options add a bit of style to accent other colors of your bike or components
Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- This spider is designed to work with Shimano cranksets that have a removable spider.
- Not compatible with the XTR 9100-1, XTR 9100-2, or XTR 9130 crankset (narrow q-factor version)
- Currently available only for Boost chainline. The number and letter refer to the mm offset and direction from the mounting face to the centerline of the teeth:
- M5 (minus 5mm - Boost)
- dished towards the frame
- All Camo Spiders are not compatible with Bash Guide ISCG05
- You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
- Line up the little dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation.
- Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
- Torque bolts only to 4-5 Nm and use blue Loctite threadlocker
- CAMO chainring - oval or round and stainless or aluminum
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Included: ED coated steel bolts included
Made in USA