This is a spider for use with the Race Face Cinch system
The CAMO chainring system was created by Wolf Tooth engineers for Chainline And Material Optimization on direct mount style chainrings. The key advantages include:
Perfect chainline for wear and shifting precision
Optimal material usage for weight, stiffness, and wear
Spend less for chainring swapping by buying only the chainring, compared to chainrings that have an integrated spider
Swapping chainrings is very fast with only five small bolts and no nuts
Availability, as Wolf Tooth has many direct mount options: round or oval, stainless or aluminum, for several cranksets.
Color options add a bit of style to accent other colors of your bike or components
Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- This is a spider for use with the Race Face Cinch system
- 3 different chainline options are available. The number and letter refer to the mm offset and direction from the mounting face to the centerline of the teeth:
- M8 (minus 8mm - dished towards the frame) is for standard 49mm chainline. This is for use on bikes with 135mm QR, 142mm thru axle, and some 148mm bikes.
- M5 (Boost - minus 5mm - dished towards the frame) is for 52mm chainline that boost bikes may need. This link explaining 148mm "Boost" spacing will help you decide if you need the M5 or M8.
- P3 (plus 3mm - dished outwards away from the frame) is for fat bikes that have 190/197 rear spacing but use a 169mm spindle. This is now very common on production fat bikes to keep the q-factor slimmer
- Colored CAMO mounting bolts can be purchased separately, but all the CAMO spiders come with stainless steel bolts if you don't order them.
- All Camo Spiders are not compatible with Bash Guide ISCG05
- You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
- Line up the little dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation.
- Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
- Torque bolts only to 4-5 Nm and use blue Loctite threadlocker
- CAMO chainring - oval or round and stainless or aluminum
Weight: M8 • 32g | M5 • 28g | P2 • 30g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Included: ED coated steel bolts included
Made in USA