This is a spider for use with the SRAM cranksets that have a removable spider
The CAMO chainring system was created by the Wolf Tooth engineers for Chainline And Material Optimization on direct mount style Chainrings. The key advantages include:
Perfect chainline - for wear and shifting precision
Optimal material usage - for weight, stiffness, and wear
Price - for less expensive replacement chainrings
Swapping - Very fast chainring change out with 5 small bolts and no nuts.
Availability - Wolf Tooth is the one-stop-shop for your direct mount needs...round or oval, stainless or aluminum, and no matter the crankset.
Bling!! - spider colors and bolt colors add a little flash to your sweet ride.
Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- This spider is designed to work with the SRAM cranksets that have a removable spider. It also fits Cane Creek eeWing cranksets.
- 4 different chainline options are available. The number and letter refer to the mm offset and direction from the mounting face to the centerline of the teeth:
- M8 (minus 8mm - dished towards the frame)
- For use with GXP cranks and BB30 Long Spindle standard 49mm chainline.
- See the picture carousel for how to measure your spindle length if you have BB30, or click here to see that picture.
- This is for use on bikes with 135mm QR, 142mm thru axle, and some 148mm bikes. Details here on the 148mm Boost spacing.
- M5 (minus 5mm - Boost)
- dished towards the frame) is for 52mm chainline that Boost bikes may need.
- Again, this link explaining 148mm Boost spacing will help you decide if you need the M5 or M8.
- M2 (minus 2mm - dished towards the frame)
- Is for a 49mm chainline on a BB30 short spindle crankset.
- See the picture carousel for how to measure your spindle length if you have BB30, or click here to see picture.
- P2 (plus 2mm - dished outwards away from the frame)
- For fat bikes that have 190/197 rear spacing but use a 100mm spindle. This is now very common on production fat bikes to keep the q-factor slimmer
- Can be used for creating a "boost" chainline with a BB30 short spindle crankset
- CAMO mounting bolts are included with each spider but can also be purchased separately in a variety of colors
- Chainline - varies by which spider you choose. See compatibility above.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
- Line up the little dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation.
- Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
- Torque bolts only to 4-5 Nm and use blue Loctite threadlocker
CAMO chainring - elliptical or round and stainless or aluminum
Weight: M8 • 32g | M5 • 28g | M2 • 28g | P2 • 30g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Included: ED coated steel bolts included
Made in USA