Special precision applicator tip for 2 fl oz bottle of Wolf Tooth WT-1 Chain Lube. This tip is 18-gauge stainless steel to replace the existing tip on the bottle. It will apply WT-1 Chain Lube on each roller with precision, which eliminates overuse and waste.
NOTE: This tip does NOT fit on the smaller 0.5 oz bottle
WT-1 Application Instructions:
Ease of use is important in selecting a chain lubricant and chain treatment. The complete application process of WT-1 Chain Lube takes less than a minute and there is no need to clean your chain before getting started.
Here’s how to begin using WT-1 Chain Lube:
- Shake bottle of WT-1 for 30 seconds. A ball bearing is present in every bottle to help mix things up.
- Apply one drop to each roller of your chain. We recommend applying WT-1 Chain Lube to the top side of your chain between your derailleur and chainring, just in front of that lower pulley wheel.
- Backpedal 20-30 times. This helps WT-1 Chain Lube find its way between all the pieces of your chain.
- Wipe chain with microfiber cloth until it appears clean with a light sheen. It'll look extra dirty at first, then it will clear up as you wipe away that dirt.
- Ride your bike. Reapply at least once every 400 miles.
After your first couple applications, you’ll notice that your chain looks extra dirty following your first few rides. This means that WT-1 Chain Lube is working because that detergent-like additive has made its way into the gaps and crevices of your chain and is actively pushing out dirt, grease, and debris. You’ll want to wipe down your chain after those first few rides to remove chain contaminants. As you ride more and more, you’ll see WT-1 get into its stride and your chain will be clean, silent, and efficient.
Does not fit the smaller 0.5oz lube bottle
Made in the USA