ReMote Light Action
The ReMote LA, or Light Action, adds another option to our class-leading ReMote line of dropper remotes, solving all common dropper remote complaints in a compact, ergonomic, and sturdy package. The ReMote LA is a longer lever armed version of our current remote that is optimal for dropper posts with a harder pull or for riders that just prefer a really light actuation feel. It reduces the force to actuate a dropper by nearly a third vs the standard ReMote.
Beginning with a long list of rider and mechanic requests, the Wolf Tooth team set out to address each and every one. Based on rider feedback and tailored to work with some posts’ stiffer internal springs, the ReMote LA is also the choice of those with thumb injuries or reduced hand strength. From its hassle-free installation to smooth ball bearing action to engineered failure point, the lightweight ReMote leads in every category.
- UpFront cable fixing: The dropper cable is attached at the lever, making setup and adjustment quick and easy. Simply secure cable at seatpost using stock barrel or cable clamp and route to bar for a significant reduction in installation time and frustration.
- Large-diameter ball-bearing pivot: An industry first, the ReMote LA uses a massive 21mm sealed cartridge bearing for smooth operation and unparalleled modulation.
- Cable-kind clamp: A precision-machined cable path and custom clamping screw with captive washer won’t damage cables like more common set screws. As an added bonus, cables can be cut to length and crimped prior to securing.
- Low-profile, Light Action lever: The ReMote LA lever sits close to the bar, minimizing the distance the thumb must be removed from the grip while reducing the likelihood of knee contact in technical terrain and adds a bit of extra length to overcome stiff dropper internals.
- Integrated cable adjustment: The ReMote LA’s solidly-mounted barrel adjuster makes on-the-fly adjustments quick and easy while eliminating the rattles caused by common inline cable adjusters.
- Breakaway axle pivot: Crashes are bad- but expensive crashes are worse. That’s why the ReMote features an engineered failure point, allowing the lever to break away from its base in the event of a crash. Replacement axles are inexpensive and readily available here.
- High-traction lever: A machined surface ensures that control is not lost- even in the worst of conditions.
- Broad compatibility: The ReMote LA has been tested and is recommended for use with Thomson, Fox Transfer, RaceFace, Easton, and 9point8 cable-actuated dropper posts.
- Made in the USA: Wherever the capabilities exist, Wolf Tooth is committed to domestic manufacturing. From lever to packaging, 65% or more of each ReMote is made in the USA.
- Compatible with ALL CABLE ACTUATED DROPPER POSTS!
- Mounting and Standard versus Light Action recommendation charts are below.
- If your post is not listed in the charts below, measure the pivot center to end of your current lever.
- If it is greater than 52mm the Light Action will work best. If it is less than 52mm, the Standard Remote will work best.
- Works with dropper posts that have the barrel end of the cable at the remote and those that have the barrel end at the post.
- If the barrel is normally at the remote, simply clip the barrel off and the cable will be "pinched" at both the post and the remote (no barrel needed)
- See picture carousel for comparison of the ReMote IS-II vs ReMote LA IS-II.
- Contact us for question on other post compatibility.
Dropper Post Recommendations:
Mounting Type Recommendations:
- Material - 6061 T6 Aluminum with Delrin Axle
- Reduces actuation force by roughly 1/3 vs the standard remote. The lever itself is approximately 10mm longer.
- Mounting Types
- ReMote IS-AB for Shimano I-Spec A or B - Includes IS-AB Hardware
- ReMote IS-AB for Shimano works for some Hope Brakes. See details here.
- ReMote IS-II for Shimano I-Spec II - Includes IS-II Hardware
- ReMote MM SRAM/Avid MatchMaker X - Does NOT include the MatchMaker hardware. We sell the MatchMaker X kit separately, as most brakes will have come with them. If you need the matchmaker hardware be sure to add it to your order.
- ReMote 22.2mm - includes hinged handlebar clamp for 22.2mm handlebars
- Installation instructions - http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/remote-installation-instructions
- Colors - Black
- Weight - Shimano IS-AB - 31g, Shimano IS-II - 33g, SRAM MM - 42g, 22 (hinged clamp) - 36g
- From lever to packaging, 65% or more of each ReMote is made in the USA.