More power, better traction, less shifting. Wolf Tooth oval chainrings use our proprietary PowerTrac design that has all the benefits of oval, but without the funky, uneven pedal stroke. Ride one once and you’ll wonder why you waited so long to try oval.
Think of an oval chainring as two chainrings in one. A major benefit of oval is how the shape of the chainring alters your gearing in two important phases of your pedal stroke by harnessing your body’s natural biomechanics. Here’s how it works. The area of the chainring with the larger diameter engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, which is what’s known as the Power Zone. If you were to look at a clock, the Power Zone would be between 1-5 and 7-11. Conversely, the Recovery Zone – back to the clock face, between 11-1 and 5-7 – is the weakest part of the pedal stroke, when the oval maximizes your efficiency. A 34T oval chainring behaves like a 36T chainring when you want power, while behaving like a 32T chainring when you’re climbing.
We’ve also engineered our oval chainrings to provide smoother, more efficient pedal rotation. This equates to better traction because of steadier torque on the rear wheel. With a Wolf Tooth oval chainring, you can harness more of your strength in the Power Zone, while having easier pedaling in the Recovery Zone.
Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary) - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
- These rings fit any 104 BCD crankset
- Designed to meet the requirements for E-bike use
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Quarq power meter compatible with sizes 34t and 36t. Filing required for 32t fitment onto some older Quarq Power meters. No modifications are required for the DUB Quarq Power meter.
- Threaded to use M8 chainring bolts (no nuts required)
- Ovality of 10% and timing of 112° after TDC (top dead center)
- Maximum diameter is that of a chainring 2t bigger than the size you order (so be sure there is adequate chainstay clearance.)
Available in multiple tooth profiles for optimal performance based on your chain type. Use Drop-Stop ST for use with Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ and 12spd KMC chains. Use Drop-Stop A for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains. Drop-Stop B is optimized for SRAM 12 spd Transmission (T-type) and Road Flattop chains but is compatible with all chains that work with Drop-Stop A.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- If you need a ring smaller than 32t (smallest that fits on a 104 BCD), checkout out our 64 BCD oval chainrings that will mount to your "small ring" position.
- 10mm bolts
- 104 BCD bashrings
Weight: 32T • 41g | 34T • 48g | 36T • 55g (check elliptical 64 BCD rings for smaller sizes)
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA