Direct Mount Chainrings for SRAM Cranks
Wolf Tooth's SDM® chainrings replace your existing spider and chainring with one clean looking, light weight, and stiff piece of machined billet. These come in 3 different offsets: standard GXP, Boost and BB30.
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider, which is attached via 3 bolts on the back side of the spider near the spindle. You will use these same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth SDM® chainring.
- There are 3 offsets:
- Standard: 49mm chainline, 6mm offset for GXP and long spindle BB30. Note: all road cranks use this offset.
- Boost: 52mm chainline, 3mm offset.
- BB30: 49mm chainline, 0mm offset for BB30 short spindle cranks.
- Fat Bikes: If you are planning to use this on an X9 or XX1 fat bike crankset with a 190/197 rear hub spacing use the 0 offset ring. If your fat bike has a 170/177 rear hub spacing, use the Standard 6mm offset
- If you have a BB30 crankset (30mm diameter Aluminum Spindle) this measurement will determine whether it is a long or short spindle:
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- For a longer lasting and more durable direct mount chainring with a bashring option, check out the Stainless Steel SDMs our the CAMO System that offers Stainless chainrings.
- We recommend using a T25 L-Wrench like this one or similar for removal and installation of the bolts.
- The stock bolts are easily damaged when removing them to install a direct mount chainring. We have replacement bolts if you need them.
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - black
- Chainline: 49mm for standard and BB30 cranks, 52mm for Boost offset cranks.
- A T25 Torx wrench is required to remove the bolts that secure the the chainring or spider to the crankarm.
- An L-wrench works best since the crank spindle may contact a socket adapter and prevent it from engaging properly.
- Use the same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth ring or if you need, we carry replacement bolts
- Weight - 26t - 52g, 28t - 59g, 30t - 65g, 32t - 70g, 34t - 75g, 36t - 81g, 38t - 90g, 40t - 106g, 42t - 111g
Free shipping on all orders over $50 USD.