Wolf Tooth was first to market with cyclocross 1x specific chainrings because we saw cyclocross as the perfect use for our Drop-Stop® technology. Since their release, the uses for these rings has expanded beyond cyclocross to commuting, gravel riding, and even full on-road applications with the giant 52t rings.
Fits 130 BCD 5 arm cranksets
Drop-Stop technology. On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- These rings are for use with 130 BCD 5 arm cranksets.
- Do NOT fit on the cranksets for Shimano DA 9000 / Ultegra 6800
- Not compatible with Campy CX10/11.
- SRAM Exogram cranksets with inset nut must use stock fifth bolt + spacer(s). The Force CX1 bolt features fifth bolt with 1X specific shoulder. This kit can be found online.
- Can be mounted in either the big or small ring position of a double crankset given chainstay clearance in the small ring position.
- 38T important note: The chain may contact the spider arm slightly when using the 38T chainring (see last photo in the product images).
- We recommend filing a small chamfer on the spider arm but you can also just install it and let the chain do the work. This is only an issue with the 38T as the 130 BCD was designed for 39T smallest ring.
- Stock 2x bolts will not work. You will need bolts like our 6mm bolts which are optimized for single ring mounting.
- Chainline - varies - these rings can be mounted in either the big or small ring position on a double cranksets. The most common mounting is in the big ring position because of chainstay clearance. The ring centerline is ~2mm from the ring's mounting face so they usually sit about 2mm closer to the frame than the stock big ring (depends on the stock ring)
RecommendationsIf you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Chainring bolts - stock 2x bolts will not work. 6mm bolts are needed for single ring mounting.
Tanpan - allows Shimano mountain bike rear derailleurs to be used with Shimano road shifters
RoadLink - allows for wide range cassettes to be used with Shimano road rear derailleurs
Weight: 38t • 52g | 40t • 60g | 42t • 62g | 44t • 79g | 52t • 132g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA
Patent and trademark information