Wolf Tooth was first to market with Cyclocross 1x specific chainrings because we saw Cyclocross as the perfect use for our Drop-Stop® technology. Since their release, the uses for these rings has expanded beyond Cyclocross to commuting, gravel riding, mountain bikes with 5-arm crank power meters, and even full on-road applications with the giant 50t rings.
Fits 110 BCD 5 arm cranksets
Drop-Stop technology. On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- These rings are for use with 110 BCD 5 arm cranksets.
- Stock 2x bolts will not work. You will need bolts like our 6mm bolts which are optimized for single ring mounting.
- Chainline - varies - these rings can be mounted in either the big or small ring position on a double cranksets. The most common mounting is in the big ring position because of chainstay clearance. The ring centerline is ~2mm from the ring's mounting face so they usually sit about 2mm closer to the frame than the stock big ring (depends on the stock ring)
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Chainring bolts - stock 2x bolts will not work. 6mm bolts which are optimized for single ring mounting are needed
Tanpan - allows Shimano mountain bike rear derailleurs to be used with Shimano road shifters
RoadLink - allows for wide range cassettes to be used with Shimano road rear derailleurs
Weight: 34t • 44g | 36t • 58g | 38t • 66g | 40t • 74g | 42t • 81g | 44t • 90g | 46t • 107g | 48t • 115g | 50t • 125g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA
WARNING Handling this product will expose you to chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. For further information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Patent and trademark information