104 BCD Chainrings
104 BCD is the most common bolt pattern on double and triple cranksets and happens to be the first product ever made my Wolf Tooth Components. The Drop-Stop® tooth design is the best performing and longest lasting wide/narrow chainrings on the market.
Fits any 104 BCD crankset
Drop-Stop technology. On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- Fits any 104 BCD crankset
- Chainring Bolts: All tooth sizes require 1x bolts that are 6mm long with exception to 30 tooth rings which are threaded and require bolts that are 7-10mm long. Wolf Tooth carries both sizes in a variety of colors
- 32t 104 BCD chainrings work on many older 2x Shimano crankset (XT, SLX, or Deore)
- The 30t x 104BCD chainring is the only available ring for the QUARQTM power meter
- Drivetrains: 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains
- Compatible with all 10-, 11-, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains
- Shimano 12-speed chains require the use of our Shimano 12-speed specific chainrings
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain. It fits tighter for better chain retention
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
64 BCD ring if you need something smaller than a 30t - will mount in your “granny gear” position.
For a longer lasting ring, check out our 104 BCD Stainless Steel Chainrings
Chainring bolts that are optimized for 1x
- 104 x 30t - our 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring and/or this ring with our perfectly sized and matching bashring.
- All other tooth sizes - recommend our 6mm bolts.
- If using a bashring you will need 8mm bolts (most stock bolts on 3x cranksets are 8mm)
Our 104 BCD bashrings are optimized for use with our 104 and 64 BCD rings
Weight: 30t • 36g | 32 • 47g | 34t • 56g | 36t • 60g | 38t • 66g
Chainline: Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary)
- 30t - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
- Other sizes - 50mm on 3x and 51mm on 2x
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum