The direct mount chainrings for SRAM cranksets replace your existing spider and chainring with one clean looking, lightweight, and stiff piece of machined billet. They are available in 3 different offsets: standard 6mm offset, Boost 3mm offset, and BB30 short spindle 0mm offset.
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider or replace the direct mount ring on SRAM cranksets including the DUB cranks. The ring is attached via 3 bolts on the back side of the spider near the spindle. Note that the SRAM 12spd Red and Force AXS use a different 8 bolt mounting interface that is not compatible with these chainrings.
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- There are 3 offsets:
- Standard Road/CX/Gravel: 6mm offset for cyclocross and road crank applications with 47mm chainline
- Standard MTB: 6mm offset for non-Boost mountain bikes, GXP and long spindle BB30 cranks for 49mm chainline
- Boost: 3mm offset for 52mm chainline
- BB30: 0mm offset for BB30 short spindle cranks for 49mm chainline
- Fat bikes: If your fat bike has a 170/177 rear hub spacing, use the standard 6mm offset
- Praxis Works Road/CX cranks use the 6mm offset. Praxis Works mountain cranks use the 3mm offset for their DM-A and 0mm offset for their DM-B chainrings.
- If you have a BB30 crankset (30mm diameter aluminum spindle) this measurement will determine whether it is a long or short spindle:
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
Available in multiple tooth profiles for optimal performance based on your chain type. Use Drop-Stop ST for use with Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ and 12spd KMC chains. Use Drop-Stop A for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains. Use Drop-Stop B for SRAM 12 spd Transmission (T-type) and Road Flattop chains.
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- An L-wrench works best since the crank spindle may contact a socket adapter and prevent it from engaging properly.
- Use the same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth ring or we carry replacement bolts
- For a longer lasting and more durable option check out the CAMO System that offers stainless steel chainrings.
- We recommend using a T25 L-Wrench or similar for removal and installation of the bolts.
- The stock bolts are easily damaged when removing them to install a direct mount chainring. We have replacement bolts if you need them.
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA
WARNING Handling this product will expose you to chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. For further information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.