SDM® chainrings replace your existing spider and chainring with one clean looking, lightweight, and stiff piece of machined billet. These come in 3 different offsets: standard GXP, Boost, and BB30.
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider, which is attached via 3 bolts on the back side of the spider near the spindle. You will use these same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth SDM® chainring.
- There are 3 offsets:
- Standard: 47mm chainline, 6mm offset for cyclocross and road cranks
- Standard: 49mm chainline, 6mm offset for GXP and long spindle BB30
- Boost: 52mm chainline, 3mm offset
- BB30: 49mm chainline, 0mm offset for BB30 short spindle cranks
- Fat Bikes: If your fat bike has a 170/177 rear hub spacing, use the Standard 6mm offset
- If you have a BB30 crankset (30mm diameter Aluminum Spindle) this measurement will determine whether it is a long or short spindle:
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- For a longer lasting and more durable direct mount chainring with a bashring option, check out the Stainless Steel SDMs our the CAMO System that offers Stainless chainrings.
- We recommend using a T25 L-Wrench like this one or similar for removal and installation of the bolts.
- The stock bolts are easily damaged when removing them to install a direct mount chainring. We have replacement bolts if you need them.
26t • 52g | 28t • 59g | 30t • 65g | 32t • 70g | 34t • 75g | 36t • 81g | 38t • 90g | 40t • 106g | 42t • 111g
|Made:||Designed and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA|
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- 47mm on cyclocross and road with 6mm offset ring
- 49mm for standard non-boost (135/142mm rear hub spacing) with 6mm or 0mm offset (see compatibility above for which offset you need
- 52mm for Boost with 3mm offset (148mm rear hub spacing)
- A T25 Torx wrench is required to remove the bolts that secure the chainring or spider to the crankarm.