120 BCD cranksets were introduced with SRAM 2x10 drivetrains and are excellent candidates for a 1x conversion with our patented Drop-Stop® chainrings. These rings will allow you to convert your 120 BCD crankset, like the SRAM XX and others, to a 1x application!
Fits 120 BCD cranksets or 4-bolt spiders
Drop-Stop technology. On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- These rings fit any 120 BCD crankset or 4-bolt spider.
- For SRAM cranksets you must use the stock M10x.75 bolts with a shoulder on them. These are not standard bolts and Wolf Tooth's bolts will not work with this chainring. Note that only about 3 threads will engage (same with the stock SRAM rings)
- The only other supplier of these M10 x .75 bolts is Wickwerks if your crankset doesn't already have them. These bolts actually have more threads engaged and will work better than the SRAM ones.
- 36t is the smallest number of teeth that fits on a 120 BCD
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10-, 11-, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Chainline - 51mm for 36t and 52mm for 38t (38t is wider for more chainstay clearance)
Before you buy a 120 BCD ring, check to see if your cranksets has a removable spider and compatible with our direct mount rings. To determine if your spider is removable, see the top two boxes in the decision tree (the 4th picture in the product pictures).
If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper along with a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security. Without these precautions, you may experience chain drops and/or chainsuck.
Weight: 36T • 54g | 38T • 59g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA