Congratulations! Now that you have one, it's time to install your new RoadLink DM. We know that it looks like a lot, but if you start now you should be on the bike in under twenty minutes.
Before diving in, you'll need the following:
- Protective eyewear
- 2mm hex key
- 5mm hex key
- Removable thread locking compound (Loctite 242 or equivalent)
- Torque wrench with 5mm Allen socket
- Mount bicycle in workstand.
- Remove rear wheel.
- Remove chain from chainring.
- Use 5mm Allen key to remove Direct Mount screw from rear derailleur.
- Use 5mm Allen key to remove Direct Mount link from derailleur hanger.
- Use rag to clean all surfaces of derailleur Direct Mount knuckle.
Use 5mm Allen key or torque wrench to mount RoadLink DM to derailleur hanger and torque to 8-10Nm.
Note: Take care to ensure that RoadLink DM pin rests against derailleur hanger tab.
Note: Do not use thread locking compound on RoadLink DM mounting bolt.
Recommended: Apply a small amount of thread locking compound to Direct Mount screw threads.
- Center derailleur Direct Mount knuckle over threaded RoadLink DM hole.
Use 5mm Allen Key to start Direct Mount screw in derailleur hanger.
Note: Direct Mount screw must be located in both sides of the Direct Mount knuckle before threads will engage.
- Use torque wrench or 5mm Allen key to torque Direct Mount screw to 8-10Nm.
- Replace rear wheel.
- Replace chain on chainring.
- Adjust B-limit screw by:
- Shifting to highest cog
- Pull rear derailleur body rearward to release pressure on B-screw.
- Use 2mm hex key to adjust B-screw so that, when the derailleur is released, top derailleur pulley sits as close as possible to top cog without ‘rumbling’ or bumping while pedaling.
- Adjust shifting as necessary.
- Go for a ride.