If you have a Fox rear shock that is mounted under your top tube, removing your bottle from its cage can catch the rebound adjustment knob and change your rebound without you knowing! When this happens, you end up with either a rear suspension that packs up or one that bounces like a pogo stick. The Wolf Tooth crew was having this issue (Trek Superfly in our case), and decided it was time to fix it.
The following brands have one or more models that could have this issue: Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, Pivot, Turner, Ibis, Yeti, Scott, Intense, Salsa. There are bikes from other brands that have this issue as well. If your water bottle is near the rebound knob, there is a very good chance your rebound setting is different than what you originally set.
- Fox FLOAT Factory series shocks in the XC and Trail category. Also fits some OEM Fox shocks found on major brand bikes. If your shock and rebound knob look like the photos here, it should fit.
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Uses stock set screw (tiny little set screw that holds the stock rebound knob in place)
- Rebound is adjustable via a 2.5mm hex key (see picture in carousel)
- Material 7075-T6 aluminum
- Colors - red
- Weight - 3g