This 94 BCD 5-bolt ring will serve all your Vintage crankset and Surly crankset needs.
Fits any 94 BCD 5-bolt crankset
Drop-Stop technology. On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- Four of the holes are threaded and one is a normal through bolt hole (done for Surly compatibility). Use a stock 10mm chainring bolt for the fifth, hidden arm.
- These rings fit any 94 BCD 5 bolt crankset
- For Plus size bike applications with the Surly OD crankset, e.g. Instigator and Krampus, you will need to use the stock spacers (Spacer Kit QBP Part number CR8609) that came with your 1x setup. You will also need some 16mm bolts which can be purchased from Problem Solvers.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provides a great chainline on most boost bikes.
- Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary)
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Chainring bolts that are optimized for 1x
- For use with Surly OD cranks on fat bikes - our 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring
- For use with vintage cranksets we recommend a set of our 10mm bolts and you will use your existing bolt/nut for the 5th hole.
- No Wolf Tooth bolts available for Plus size bike applications with the Surly OD crankset (see compatibility notes above)
Weight: 28t • 37g | 30 • 48g | 32t • 57g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA