The direct mount chainrings for SRAM cranksets replace your existing spider and chainring with one clean looking, lightweight, and stiff piece of machined billet. They are available in 3 different offsets: 6mm offset for 49mm chainline, 3mm offset for 52mm chainline, and 0mm offset for 55mm chainline and SRAM Transmission optimization. They are available in various tooth profiles to suit your drivetrain, including Drop-Stop B, which is optimized for SRAM T-Type Transmission and compatible with many other chains. Crankset and chainring compatibility questions? Check out our helpful guide here.
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider or replace the direct mount ring on SRAM cranksets including the DUB cranks. The ring is attached via 3 bolts on the back side of the spider near the spindle. Note that these chainrings are NOT compatible with SRAM 8-bolt direct mount cranksets.
- Also compatible with Cane Creek eeWings cranksets
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- There are 3 offsets:
- Boost: 0mm offset for 55mm chainline required for SRAM Transmission
- Boost: 3mm offset for 52mm chainline or Transmission compatibility with Super Boost bikes
- BB30: 0mm offset for BB30 short spindle cranks for 49mm chainline
- Standard MTB: 6mm offset for non-Boost mountain bikes, GXP and long spindle BB30 cranks for 49mm chainline
- Fat bikes: If your fat bike has a 170/177 rear hub spacing, use the standard 6mm offset
- Praxis Works Road/CX cranks use the 6mm offset. Praxis Works mountain cranks use the 3mm offset for their DM-A and 0mm offset for their DM-B chainrings.
- If you have a BB30 crankset (30mm diameter aluminum spindle) this measurement will determine whether it is a long or short spindle:
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
Available in multiple tooth profiles for optimal performance based on your chain type. Use Drop-Stop ST for use with Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ and 12spd KMC chains. Use Drop-Stop A for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains. Drop-Stop B is optimized for SRAM 12 spd Transmission (T-type) and Road Flattop chains but is compatible with all chains that work with Drop-Stop A.
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- An L-wrench works best since the crank spindle may contact a socket adapter and prevent it from engaging properly.
- Use the same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth ring or we carry replacement bolts
- For a longer lasting and more durable option check out the CAMO System that offers stainless steel chainrings.
- We recommend using a T25 L-Wrench or similar for removal and installation of the bolts.
- The stock bolts are easily damaged when removing them to install a direct mount chainring. We have replacement bolts if you need them.
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA