Elliptical 104 BCD Chainrings
Our proprietary design has ovality of 10% and timing of 112° after TDC (top dead center). These values provide the benefits of an oval ring without the drawbacks of greater ovality or more aggressive timing.
The simplest way to explain how they "feel" is that where your pedal stroke is weakest it feels like you have a 2 teeth less on the chainring and where you have the most power it feels like you have 2 more teeth. They feel this way because with the radius of the chainring constantly changing, the torque needed to turn the cranks is constantly changing to better match your power output. Example: a 34t chainring feels like a 32t in the weak part of your pedal stroke and a 36t in the part of the stroke where your legs have the most power.
Check out this podcast for a simple explanation of Ellitpical ring benefits:
- These rings fit any 104 BCD crankset, and here are instructions on how to measure your BCD.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
If you need a ring smaller than 32t (smallest that fits on a 104 BCD), checkout out our 64 BCD elliptical chainrings that will mount to your "small ring" postion.
Chainring bolts that are optimized for 1x
- All sizes of our elliptical 104 BCD chainrings have threaded standoffs like our round 104 x 30t. Our 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring and/or this ring with our perfectly sized and matching bashring.
Our 104 BCD bashrings are optimized for use with our 104 and 64 BCD rings
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patent pending Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - black, blue, red, and gold
- Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary) - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
- Threaded to use M8 chainring bolts (no nuts required)
- Ovality of 10% and timing of 112° after TDC (top dead center)
- Maximum diameter is that of a chainring 2t bigger than the size you order (so be sure there is adequate chainstay clearance!)
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight - 32T= 41g, 34T= 48g, 36T= 55g (check elliptical 64 BCD rings for smaller sizes)
Free shipping on all orders over $50 USD!