Direct Mount for SRAM BB30 Short Spindle Cranks
Wolf Tooth's SDM (TM) BB30 Short Spindle chainrings replace your existing spider and chainring with one clean looking, light weight, and stiff piece of machined billet. These BB30 Short Spindle Direct Mount chainrings for SRAM cranks have 2mm centerline offset (flat). See compatibility notes below for more details.
- These are 2mm centerline offset flat direct mount chainrings for SRAM cranks.
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider, which is attached via 3 bolts on the back side of the spider near the spindle. You will use these same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth SDM (TM) chainring.
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
- They only fit on BB30 short spindle SRAM cranksets
- The ONLY exception to mounting them on a BB30 short spindle is when using a Fat Bike crankset (X9 or XX1) designed for a 170mm spaced rear hub on a 190mm space rear hub bike. Check out this explanation of chainline and hub spacing.
- This decision tree will help you determine if you have a removable spider, and if you do what ring you need for your cranksets (there are 2 different ring offsets used by the BB30/PF30 cranksets):
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patent pending Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - black
- Chainline - 50mm
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- A T25 Torx wrench is required to remove the bolts that secure the the chainring or spider to the crankarm.
- Weight - 28t - 60g, 30t - 68g, 32t - 74g, 34t - 83g, 36t - 90g
Free shipping on all orders over $50 USD.