More power, better traction, less shifting. Wolf Tooth oval chainrings use our proprietary PowerTrac design that has all the benefits of oval, but without the funky, uneven pedal stroke. Ride one once and you’ll wonder why you waited so long to try oval.
Think of an oval chainring as two chainrings in one. A major benefit of oval is how the shape of the chainring alters your gearing in two important phases of your pedal stroke by harnessing your body’s natural biomechanics. Here’s how it works. The area of the chainring with the larger diameter engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, which is what’s known as the Power Zone. If you were to look at a clock, the Power Zone would be between 1-5 and 7-11. Conversely, the Recovery Zone – back to the clock face, between 11-1 and 5-7 – is the weakest part of the pedal stroke, when the oval maximizes your efficiency. A 34T oval chainring behaves like a 36T chainring when you want power, while behaving like a 32T chainring when you’re climbing.
We’ve also engineered our oval chainrings to provide smoother, more efficient pedal rotation. This equates to better traction because of steadier torque on the rear wheel. With a Wolf Tooth oval chainring, you can harness more of your strength in the Power Zone, while having easier pedaling in the Recovery Zone.
- These are functionally the same as the aluminum 104 BCD rings.
- These rings fit any 104 BCD crankset
- Designed to meet the requirements for E-bike use
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Will last 5-10x longer (or even more) than our 7075 aluminum chainrings
- Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary)
- 32t - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
Use Drop-Stop A for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Weight: 32T • 90g
Material: hardened and electropolished 416 stainless steel
Made in the USA
Patent and trademark information