The GoatLink is simply the fastest route to improved wear and long-term shifting performance on wide-range 1x10 drivetrains using the Shimano Shadow+ Rear derailleurs. The GoatLink, made by Lindarets and Wolf Tooth, re-positions 10-speed Shimano Shadow+ Rear derailleurs to the optimal location when using the GC 40T and GC 42T cassette expanders.
- Compatible Shimano Shadow+ 10-speed rear derailleurs (clutch type ONLY) have a Direct Mount link (including spacer, if so equipped) or B-pivot knuckle with a thickness of 7.9-8.1mm. Shimano changed to this sometime in 2013. Very early Shadow+ rear derailleurs have a thinner link and are not compatible. Here is how to take that measurement:
- The GoatLink is optimized for use with Wolf Tooth’s 40- and 42-tooth GCs and all sizes of Drop-Stop chainrings - but will work with any 11-40t or 11-42t 10-speed cassette.
- Direct Mount-native frames and SRAM rear derailleurs are not supported.
- You will NEVER need a longer b-screw with the GoatLink
- Improvements with the GoatLink*
- Chain wrap at 11t (effects cassette life):
- 40t: Improved by 69%
- 42t: Improved by 53%
- Free chain length at 11t (effects shifting precision):
- 40t: Improved by 25%
- 42t: Improved by 19%
*Due to variations in derailleur hanger geometry, chainstay length, chainring size, B-screw adjustment, and suspension configuration, individual results will vary slightly.
GoatLink 11 for 11-speed derailleurs
Material: 6061 aluminum
Included: stainless steel bolt
Made in the USA