Elliptical Reverse-Dish Direct Mount for Race Face Cinch
More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings. Click HERE for detailed information on our PTE technology.
It’s like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.f your pedal stroke and a 36t in the part of the stroke where your legs have the most power.
Check out this podcast for a simple explanation of PowerTrac Elliptical ring benefits:
- Specifically designed with a reverse dish to provide the optimal chainline for fat bikes that have 190mm rear hubs but with cranksets designed around 170mm rear hubs
- This is done to allow for a narrower "normal" fat bike q-factor when running the fattest of tires.
- Most popular 190mm rear hub fat bikes are now being designed around this standard including the new Trek Farley, Specialized Fat Boys, Pivot Les Fat, Borealis Bikes, to name a few.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patent pending Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material - 7075-T6 aluminum
- Color - black
- Maximum diameter is that of a chainring two teeth bigger than the size you order (to be sure there is adequate chainstay clearance!)
- Chainline 75mm
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight - 28t - 54g, 30t - 58g, 32t - 63g
Free shipping on all orders over $50 USD.