Elliptical Reverse-Dish Direct Mount for Race Face Cinch
Our proprietary design has ovality of 10% and timing of 112° after TDC (top dead center). These values provide the benefits of an oval ring without the drawbacks of greater ovality or more aggressive timing.
The simplest way to explain how they "feel" is that where your pedal stroke is weakest it feels like you have a 2 teeth less on the chainring and where you have the most power it feels like you have 2 more teeth. They feel this way because with the radius of the chainring constantly changing, the torque needed to turn the cranks is constantly changing to better match your power output. Example: a 34t chainring feels like a 32t in the weak part of your pedal stroke and a 36t in the part of the stroke where your legs have the most power.
Check out this podcast for a simple explanation of Ellitpical ring benefits:
- Specifically designed with a reverse dish to provide the optimal chainline for fat bikes that have 190mm rear hubs but with cranksets designed around 170mm rear hubs
- This is done to allow for a narrower "normal" fat bike q-factor when running the fattest of tires.
- Most popular 190mm rear hub fat bikes are now being designed around this standard including the new Trek Farley, Specialized Fat Boys, Pivot Les Fat, Borealis Bikes, to name a few.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patent pending Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material 7075-T6
- Color - black
- Maximum diameter is that of a chainring 2t bigger than the size you order (so be sure there is adequate chainstay clearance!)
- Chainline 75mm
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight - 28t - 54g, 30t - 58g, 32t - 63g
Free shipping on all orders over $50 USD.