Elliptical 104 BCD 32t Stainless Steel Chainrings
More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings. Click HERE for detailed information on our PTE technology.
It’s like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.
416 stainless steel is not the first material choice for most component manufactures looking to use stainless steel (most use soft 300 series). That is because 416 is hard...hard because the raw billet is expensive, hard because it takes a long time to machine. However, that did not stop Wolf Tooth because there is no denying that it is the best material for those that need the ultimate durability in a chainring. These stainless steel chainrings are not only beautiful, but they will last 5-10 times longer than the equivalent aluminum versions.
- This are functionally the same as the aluminum 104 BCD rings.
- These rings fit any 104 BCD crankset, and here are instructions on how to measure your BCD.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
Chainring bolts that are optimized for 1x
- 104 x 32t PowerTrac Elliptical - our 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring and/or this ring with our perfectly sized and matching bashring.
Our 104 BCD bashrings are optimized for use with our 104 and 64 BCD rings
- Design and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Made from hardened and electropolished 416 stainless steel
- Will last 5-10x longer (or even more) than our 7075 aluminum chainrings
- Colors - raw stainless steel
- Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary)
- 32t - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight - 32t - 90g