49T GC Cog for SRAM and SunRace 11-speed
The GC 49 is the latest addition to the legendary GC line and it's the biggest yet. The GC 49 cassette extender cog allow you to modify your 11 speed 11-42T cassette from SRAM or SunRace to create an ultra-wide range 11T-49T cassette. To achieve the best shifting, the GCs are optimized for Shimano or SRAM / SunRace cassettes. This includes 18T cassette cog for optimal gearing in the smaller cogs.
You might ask why 49t rather than 50t, and the answer is simple:
- It allowed us to nearly double the number of shift gates from 4 on a 50t to 7 on a 49t...so you get much faster shifting. With cogs this big this is critcal as you can be waiting nearly a half revolution of the crankset before you will see a shift with only 4 shift gates.
- SRAM 11 speed rear derailleurs can only handle 49t as a max cog size.
- The 49t is only 2% different than a 50t, which is so small it won't be noticed.
- Compatible only with SRAM PG-1130 11 speed NX cassettes and SunRace 11 speed, 11-42 range, cassettes listed on the GC tech page NOT compatible with any SRAM cassettes using the XD driver (10 tooth small cog).
- Compatible with all 11 speed chains
- Note that you likely need a longer chain than you currently have your bike. Chain length is critical with the 49T and must be set according to the instructions on the GC tech page.
- Chain wear should be less than .5 when installing a new GC or chainring.
- Compatible with all SRAM 11 speed rear mountain derailleurs (NX, GX, X1, X01, XX1).
- Also Compatible with Shimano 11 speed mountain derailleurs when using our Wolf Cage modification.
- Caution: always check full suspension travel with the chain on the GC 49. Bleed air from rear shock and fully compress the rear suspension to check. Derailleur cage must not bottom out in forward rotation.
- Wolf Cage (for use with Shimano derailleurs)
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® chainrings
- 18t cassette cog is included with the GC49. Remove the 17 and 19t cogs and replace them with the 18t.
- Installation instructions on the GC tech page.
- These are specifically designed for use with SRAM cassettes. The clocking, or rotational orientation, between SRAM and Shimano cassettes is much different so optimal shifting cannot be achieved unless the design is optimized for each separately.
- Design and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - 18t is black and GC49 is available in Black, Red, Blue, Gold, Silver
- Weight: 110g - GC49 and 22g - 18t cog