104 BCD stainless steel chainrings can last 5x longer than aluminum chainrings. Wolf Tooth has chosen to use 416 stainless steel despite the added expense and machining difficulty. The 300 series steel, often used by other manufacturers, is tough but still softer than the 416.
Fits 104 BCD cranksets
Durable 416 stainless steel
Drop-Stop® technology. On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- These are functionally the same as the aluminum 104 BCD rings.
- These rings fit any 104 BCD crankset
- Details for those that plan to run a 32t chainring on a 2x Shimano crankset (XT, SLX, or Deore)
- All sizes of 104 BCD chainrings are compatible with QUARQ power meters. The 30T has a relief notch to meet QUARQ power meter minimum internal diameter requirements.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11, and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain ,use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Chainline: Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary) 30t - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
- Chainring bolts are required for 1x
- 104BCD x 30T: use 10mm chainring bolts
- 104BCD x 32T: use 6mm chainring bolts
- If mounting a bashring, you will need 8mm bolts which Wolf Tooth does not sell but are standard on most triple cranksets
Use Drop-Stop A for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Weight: 30T • 72g | 32T • 88g
Material: hardened and electropolished 416 stainless steel
Made in the USA
QUARQ is a trademark of SRAM, LLC, registered in the U.S. and other countries.