The WolfCage derailleur cage is a modified inner derailleur cage (facing the bike) and eccentric upper jockey wheel for Shimano 11 speed rear derailleurs that improves chain wrap and derailleur capacity. This is required for 11-49 cassettes (11-42 cassette + the Wolf Tooth GC 49) and also improves shifting and drivetrain life on other wide range cassettes.
The WolfCage installs in a couple minutes and simply replaces the stock inner cage and upper jockey wheel. You will not need to break your chain or remove your rear derailleur from the bike — much simpler than systems that replace inner and outer cages.
- Wolfcage is compatible ONLY with Shimano 11-speed rear derailleurs. See the list below. Be sure to select the right cage length. Here are the pulley center to center distances for each cage type so you can be sure to order the right one (GS is the "medium cage" and SGS is "long cage" length):
- XTR 9GS - 84mm (same cage as M8050 XT Di2).
- XT 8GS - 88mm
- XT 8SGS - 107mm
- XTR Di2 M9050 GS - Not supported
- XT Di2 M8050 GS - 84mm - use the XTR 9GS
- Shimano GC 49 and SRAM/Sunrace GC 49
- GCX 44, GCX 46
- GC 45
- Includes inner cage + upper pulley and eccentric bearing
- Installation instructions on WolfCage Tech and Install Page.
- See compatibility section for which cage fits your derailleur
- Design and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Material 6061-T6
- Colors - Black
- Weight - 22g (cage plus upper jockey wheel)