More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings.
It’s like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.
These chainrings fit only the Shimano XTR M9000 and M9020 cranksets (race and trail respectively). They have an asymmetrical 96 mm BCD with built-in threaded standoffs to provide the ideal 1X chainline.
- These rings fit on the Shimano XTR M9000 and M9020 1x or 2x cranksets
- Use only the stock Shimano XTR chainring bolts (M7)
- You will not use the stock bolt caps when mounting this ring. The stock bolts will thread into the chainring's standoffs from the outside of the crankset.
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
- Chainline - 49mm for 30-34t
Use Drop-Stop A for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
Weight: 30t • 36g | 32t • 51g | 34t • 59g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA