The 88 BCD for Shimano's XTR M985 crankset was one of the first additions to our chainring line. We added this early on because this crankset is one of our favorites for durability, weight, q-factor, and aesthetics! These rings are beautifully machined to match the contours of the crankset.
Fits Shimano M985 race crankset
Drop-Stop® technology. On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
This ring ONLY fits the Shimano M985 “Race” crankset that looks like this:
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10-, 11-, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
- Chainline - 50mm
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Chainring bolts - The stock bolts are too long to mount this ring. You will need 6mm chainring bolts
Weight: 30t • 44g | 32 • 55g | 34t • 60g | 36t • 70g | 38t • 83g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA