Note that this is a CAMO chainring ONLY. A CAMO spider is required to mount this if you don't already have one.
More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings. Click HERE for detailed information on our PTE technology.
It’s like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.
Now available in ultra-durable stainless steel. The CAMO chainring system was created by the Wolf Tooth engineers for Chainline And Material Optimization on direct-mount style chainrings. The key advantages include:
- Perfect Chainline - for wear and shifting precision
- Optimal material usage - for weight, stiffness, and wear
- Price - for less expensive replacement chainrings
- Swapping - very fast chainring change out with 5 small bolts and no nuts.
- Availability - Wolf Tooth is the one-stop-shop for your direct mount needs...round or oval, stainless or aluminum, and no matter the crankset.
- Bling! - spider colors and bolt colors add a little flash to your sweet ride.
On top of all the CAMO advantages, our stainless steel chainrings last 5-10x longer than the same ring in aluminum.
- This is a chainring for the Wolf Tooth CAMO spiders. It is NOT compatible with any other chainring mountings.
- The CAMO spiders come with Stainless Steel Bolts.
- For 1x9, 1x10, ,1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- The CAMO spiders come with stainless steel bolts
- The CAMO chainring options - elliptical or round and stainless or aluminum
- The CAMO mounting bolts - Colored steel bolts
- Design and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Made from hardened and electropolished 416 stainless steel
- Will last 5-10x longer (or even more) than our 7075 aluminum chainrings
- Colors - raw stainless steel
- Chainline - varies by which spider you choose
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chain drops and/or chain suck.
- Installation notes:
- You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
- Line up the little dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation.
- Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
- Torque bolts only to 4-5 Nm and use blue loctite
- Weight - 30t = 77g, 32t = 89g