This is a spider for use with the S-Works cranksets that have a removable spider
The CAMO chainring system was created by Wolf Tooth engineers for Chainline And Material Optimization on direct mount style chainrings. The key advantages include:
Perfect chainline for wear and shifting precision
Optimal material usage for weight, stiffness, and wear
Spend less for chainring swapping by buying only the chainring, compared to chainrings that have an integrated spider
Swapping chainrings is very fast with only five small bolts and no nuts
Availability, as Wolf Tooth has many direct mount options: round or oval, stainless or aluminum, for several cranksets.
Color options add a bit of style to accent other colors of your bike or components
Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- This is a spider for use with the S-Works cranksets that have a removable spider.
- These do fit on Lightning cranks however but their may be chainline issues
- NOT compatible with standard Lightning cranks. These require an offset ring.
- 49 mm chainline for S-works. The number and letter refer to the mm offset and direction from the mounting face to the centerline of the teeth:
- Colored CAMO mounting bolts can be purchased separately, but all the CAMO spiders come with stainless steel bolts if you don't order them.
- Chainline - 49 mm for S-works. See compatibility above.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
- Line up the little dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation.
- Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
- Torque bolts only to 4-5 Nm and use blue Loctite threadlocker
Related ProductsCAMO chainring - elliptical or round and stainless or aluminum
Weight: M1 • 31g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Included: ED coated steel bolts included
Made in USA