88 mm BCD Chainrings for Shimano M985
The 88 BCD for Shimano's XTR M985 crankset was one of the first additions to our chainring line. We added this early on because this crankset is one of our favorites for durability, weight, q-factor, and aesthetics! These rings are beautifully machined to match the contours of the crankset.
- This ring ONLY fits the Shimano M985 "Race" crankset that looks like this:
- The Shimano M980 "Trail" crankset uses our 104 BCD chainrings in Stainless Steel or Aluminum!
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10-, 11-, and 12-speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
The stock bolts are too long to mount this ring. You will need chainring bolts like our colorful and beautifully machined 6mm bolts.
- Design and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - black
- Chainline - 50mm
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight: 30t - 44g, 32t - 55g, 34t - 60g, 36t - 70g, 38t - 83g