Additional SRAM Flattop compatible chainrings will become available throughout the summer. If you click on out of stock products you sign up to get an email notification when they are available.
More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings.
It’s like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.
- Easton Cinch™ cranksets including (EC90SL)
- 3mm offset provides optimal chainline for CX and Road
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- 9, 10, 11, & 12spd Eagle - These chainrings are designed to work with all 9 speed, 10 speed, and 11 speed chains. They also work with 12 speed Eagle and 12 speed KMC chain. They do not work with Shimano 12 speed Hyperglide+ chain or SRAM 12 speed Flattop chain.
- 10, 11, & 12spd Eagle and Flattop - These chainrings are designed to work with all 10 speed, and 11 speed chains. They also work with 12 speed SRAM Flattop, SRAM Eagle and KMC chain. They do not work with Shimano 12 speed Hyperglide+ chain.
- Shimano 12-speed chains require the use of our Shimano 12-speed specific chainrings
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain. It fits tighter for better chain retention
- Maximum diameter is that of a chainring 2t bigger than the size you order (so be sure there is adequate chainstay clearance!)
- Chainline 47mm
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.