104 BCD stainless steel chainrings will last 5-10x longer than aluminum chainrings. Wolf Tooth has chosen to use 416 stainless steel despite the added expense and machining difficulty. The 300 series steel, often used by other manufacturers, is tough but still softer than the 416.
Fits 104 BCD cranksets
Durable 416 stainless steel
Drop-Stop® technology. On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- These are functionally the same as the aluminum 104 BCD rings.
- These rings fit any 104 BCD crankset, and here are instructions on how to measure your BCD.
- Notes for those the plan to run a 32t chainring on a 2x Shimano crankset (XT, SLX, or Deore).
- 30t x 104 ring is the only Quarq power meter compatible 30t ring available.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10-, 11-, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Chainline: Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary) 30t - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
- 104 x 30t - use 10mm bolts
- 104 x 32t uses 6mm chainring bolts
- If mounting a 104 BCD bashring you will need 8mm bolts which Wolf Tooth does not sell but are standard on most triple cranksets.
QUARQ is a trademark of SRAM, LLC, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Weight: 30t • 72g | 32 • 88g
Material: hardened and electropolished 416 stainless steel
Made in the USA