Direct Mount Stainless Steel for SRAM Cranks
It is exciting to be a part of the recent Enduro, All Mountain and Trail fueled trend that is shifting mountain bike and component design focus from "weight weenie" to "fun, functional, and DURABLE". Made from 416 stainless steel and heat-treated for hardness and strength, these chainrings are not only beautifully machined but they will stand up to whatever you can dish out. These chainrings are functionally the same as our Direct Mount for SRAM rings (dished roughly 6mm) except they are made of stainless steel for increased durability. They will have the perfect perfect 1x chainline on SRAM GXP cranks, BB30 Long Spindle cranks, SRAM Road cranks, and SRAM CX1 cranks with removable spiders.
- These are 6mm offset direct mount chainrings to fit SRAM cranks
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider, which is attached via 3 bolts on the back side of the spider near the spindle. You will use these same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth SDM (TM) chainring.
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
- They fit on SRAM cranksets with removable spiders that are either GXP, Long Spindle BB30 or any Road/CX crankset
- Models include but are not limited to: S2200, S2210, X9, X0, X01, XX1, X1 1400, SRAM Road/CX, Truvativ AKA Cranksets (GXP version), and newer S1400 (or X7) .
- If you are planning to use this on an X9 or XX1 fat bike crankest, check out this explanation of chainline and hub spacing.
- This decision tree will help you determine if you have a removable spider, and if you do what ring you need for your cranksets (there are 2 different ring offsets used by the BB30/PF30 cranksets):
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Direct Mount bash rings are specially designed to mount to these stainless rings.
- We recommend using a T25 L-Wrench like this one or similar for removal and installation of the bolts.
- The stock bolts are easily damaged when removing them to install a direct mount chainring. We have replacement bolts if you need them.
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patent pending Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Mateial - hardened and electropolished 416 stainless steel.
- Wolf Tooth Components stainless steel rings will last 5x or more longer than Aluminum rings.
- Colors - silver
- Chainline - 49mm when used on mountain bike cranksets and 44-45mm when used on CX/Road cranksets
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- A T25 Torx wrench is required to remove the bolts that secure the the chainring or spider to the crankarm.
- An L-wrench works best since the crank spindle may contact a socket adapter and prevent it from engaging properly.
- Use the same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth ring or if you need, we carry replacement bolts
- Weight - 24T= 106g, 26T= 123g, 28T= 137g, 30T=155g
Free shipping on all orders over $50 USD.