We wanted it all:
- The ergonomics and reliability of Shimano shifters and derailleurs.
- The range, simplicity, light weight, and quiet of a SRAM 1x11 drivetrain.
- The performance we have come to expect from each company's top-of-the-range components.
After eight months' development, the Lindarets x Wolf Tooth GoatLink 11 delivers.
This project began with the desire to run 11s Shimano derailleurs and shifters with SRAM 10-42t XD cassettes. Granted the combination can work without modification- but performance wasn't quite what we'd expect from Shimano and SRAM's finest.
When used with a 10-42t cassette, the GoatLink 11 re-positions M8000 XT and M9000 XTR rear derailleurs such that free chain is within 1% of what Shimano intended while engagement is improved by 27%.
But we didn't stop there. Knowing that certain situations call for a range beyond that provided 10-42t or 11-42t cassettes, we tweaked the GoatLink 11 to also significantly improve Shimano 11s rear derailleur performance with extended-range like the Wolf Tooth GCX44 modified 10-44t XX1 or X01 cassette.
So now you too can have it all: ideal performance from 10-42t XD cassettes and wide-range capability for bigger days.
- Cassette Compatibility
- 11-40 Not Required
- 11-42 Not Required
- 11-45 GS/SGS Derailleur
- 11-46 GS/SGS Derailleur
- 10-42 GS/SGS Derailleur
- 10-44 GS/SGS Derailleur (Wolf Tooth GCX44)
- 10-45 Not Optimized
- 9-44 Not Optimized
- Other notes:
- The GoatLink 11 is compatible with M8000 (XT) and M9000 (XTR) series eleven-speed Shimano rear derailleurs.
- The GoatLink 11 mounts only to standard derailleur hangers.
- Double chainrings (2x) is supported and requires a long cage (SGS) rear derailleur with no more than a 12t difference in front chainrings (with an 11-46 cassette).
Triple chainrings are not supported.
Direct Mount-native frames and SRAM derailleurs are not supported.
GCX44 and GCX42
Drop stop chainrings
- Improvements with the GoatLink 11*
- In table form:
- Free Chain in bottom cog (unsupported chain - shorter is better and will increase shifting precision):
10-42t:Improved by 99%
10-44t: Improved by 32%
- 10-45t: Improved by 28%
11-45t: Improved by 36%
11-46t: Improved by 32%
- 9-44t: Improved by 26%
- Chain Wrap in bottom cog:
10-42t: Improved by 27%
- 10-44t: Reduced by 9%
- 10-45: Reduced by 7%
- 11-45t: Reduced by 8%
11-46t: Improved by 12%
- 9-44t: Reduced by 8%
- Summary in plot form - movement towards the red X is in the direction of goodness (more chain wrap and less free chain)
- Weight: 19g
- Material 7075-T6
- Stainless Steel mounting hardware included
- Manufactured in Minnesota, USA
*Due to variations in derailleur hanger geometry, chainstay length, chainring size, B-screw adjustment, and suspension configuration, individual results will vary slightly.