104 BCD Stainless Steel Chainrings
416 stainless steel is not the first material choice for most component manufactures looking to use stainless steel (most use soft 300 series). That is because 416 is hard...hard because the raw billet is expensive, hard because it takes a long time to machine. However, that did not stop Wolf Tooth because there is no denying that it is the best material for those that need the ultimate durability in a chainring. These stainless steel chainrings are not only beautiful, but they will last 5-10 (or even more) times longer than their aluminum brethren.
- These are functionally the same as the aluminum 104 BCD rings.
- These rings fit any 104 BCD crankset, and here are instructions on how to measure your BCD.
- Notes for those the plan to run a 32t chainring on a 2x Shimano crankset (XT, SLX, or Deore).
- 30t x 104 ring is the only Quarq power meter compatible 30t ring available!
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
QUARQ is a trademark of SRAM, LLC, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Chainring bolts that are optimized for 1x
- 104 x 30t - our 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring and/or this ring with our perfectly sized and matching bashring.
Our 104 BCD bashrings are optimized for use with our 104 and 64 BCD rings
- Design and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Made from hardened and electropolished 416 stainless steel
- Will last 5-10x longer (or even more) than our 7075 Aluminum chainrings
- Colors - raw SST
- Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary)
- 30t - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight - 30t - 72g, 32t - 88g